This article is for people who are new to following a detox diet, those who have tried and failed or advanced cleansers that want to learn how to get the most out of their detox.
We will go through the foundations of a cleansing diet, and 10 simple guidelines to follow when starting out. If you follow these guidelines to the tee, you can rest assured that you will be fueling your body with what it needs to naturally detoxify!
“Feeding your body with detoxifying foods daily can help to speed detoxification and have a long lasting effect on the body”
Detoxification is a hot topic today, and there are certainly better ways to detox out there than others.
• Liquid fasts
• Packaged detox tea
• Harmful supplements
So what is the Detox Diet? A detox diet is a diet high in detoxifying and nourishing foods to help give your body a kick start, and flush out all the yucky toxins. You can look at it is as a cleanse. A period of time to allow your body to let go of accumulated toxins built up from days, weeks, months or even years.
“A good cleansing program is focused on giving your liver all the nutrients it needs for a tune-up, so that it can mobilize and clear out all those stored toxins that are making you fat, sick, and tired.” (1)
Let’s get down to basics and talk about how a diet rich in nourishing foods can give your body the tune up it needs:
• Improved energy
• Emotional release
• Removing excess waste
• Help with weight loss
• Strengthen the immune system
• Improved skin
• Improved sleep
• Reduces “brain fog”
• Anti-aging benefits
• Promotes long term healthy changes
“As your body releases toxins, it also begins to release layers of emotions. Cleansing is all about getting to those deep rooted toxins and flushing them out of your system.” (2)
If you’re ready to hit the reset button and clean up your diet, check out the guidelines you should follow in order to get the most out of your detox:
1. Make a healthy food plan, with lots of detoxifying foods! This is key to sticking with your plan. Make a meal plan, and place it right on your fridge as a daily reminder.
2. Brainstorm and chose what healthy foods to include into your diet, and make a list: Check out this list of healthy detox foods. Choose cruciferous veggies like cauliflower and broccoli, and foods high in antioxidants such as berries. Leafy greens are also an excellent choice to support toxin removal.
3. Know which foods to avoid: You want to stay away from foods that are going to put stress on your liver such as sugar, gluten, corn, soy, alcohol, caffeine, and saturated fats from animal products.
4. Include healthy supplements: Certain supplements can help give your liver a boost, and help to mobilize toxins. Some helpful supplements include b vitamins, antioxidants, and amino acids.
If you want a simple, no-hassle way to help with your detox, you may want to try out this popular detox supplement.
5. Go green with household products: Part of a detox means removing environmental toxins that can be taxing on the body. Opt for green cleaning products. Toxic household products can contain toxins that can harm your liver, and your kidneys.
6. Get your beauty rest: Melatonin is activated at nighttime when we sleep, which is a hormone that serves as an awesome antioxidant and can help to boost the immune system.
“Our body’s most powerful ability and resource to self-heal, detox and replenish is sleep.” (3)
9. Reduce or eliminate animal products: If you are consuming meat during your detox diet, strive to only eat grass fed and organic to reduce your exposure to antibiotics, hormones, and steroid additives. Meat takes longer to digest than fruits and vegetables and can slow down detox. Dairy should also be avoided, as it is hard on the digestive system, and creates excess mucus accumulation.
“This is not about being or becoming a vegetarian or vegan. It’s about pressing pause on the meat and cheese overdose on your system.” (5)
10. Go organic! Eating organic eliminates the possibility of being exposed to harmful pesticides and toxins that are going to put strain on your system, and prevent detox. A new study in Food and Chemical Toxicology links pesticide-laced feed to tumors and early death in rats. (6) If organic is not possible, wash your produce well and remove fruits that have a thick outer skin to reduce your risk of exposure.
And so i finish today´s article.
I sincerely hope that you have been pleased and above all that you have learned something.
For last but not least i would like to ask you to share this amazing article with your connections.
You can use the tweet that i have prepared or if you prefer you can share on the social networks below.
That will help us a lot!